Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New GMMG is awesome! Even passed "the neighbor test"....

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2006, 06:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New GMMG is awesome! Even passed "the neighbor test"....

I just got a GMMG on my Z28 this afternoon. Sounds menacing....but anyway, the car's been sitting out front, and my g/f came home and wanted to hear it. So I fire her up, give it a few revs, and my neighbor comes BURSTING out of her house and over to my yard! I had been a little worried about the noise pollution the GMMG would have, since I live on a dead end with that one other neighbor and her family, and come and go at all hours. It's really not potentially offensive until around 2k, but I gave it some heavy revs so I was worried for a second the neighbor wasn't feeling the vibe. She comes over, and exclaims that "I haven't heard that sound since the 70's! Damn! That reminds me of the Vette my husband had when I met him! It was the same color!". I was shocked, relieved, and amused. I'd also recommend this system to anyone considering an exhaust upgrade and sitting on the fence about the price. Totally worth it.....
Old 05-25-2006, 06:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Desperate Housewives

No but seriously, congrats on the GMMG. I wish I had the dough for one.
Old 05-25-2006, 06:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Then get LT's / Cam and see your neighbors reaction....

I used to try to be quiet coming back to my hood, but its pointless, so I figure give it hell, and the faster I will be in my driveway.