Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

exhaust debate

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2003, 08:09 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default exhaust debate

what do ya all think is better hooker or borla ive heard really good things about hooker but i know a lot of people run the borla i have a chance to get either at about the same price do they flow about the same or what do we know about them? thanx in advance
Old 03-01-2003, 09:59 PM
King of Pigskin Knowledge

Default Re: exhaust debate

The Hooker sounds great, I have it on my car. I didn't like the sound files of the Borla that I heard. It's personal preference.

I don't know how the Borla flows, but the Hooker is supposed to flow extremely well. I've seen some people post numbers within 5 HP of a cutout w/ the Hooker.

<small>[ March 01, 2003, 10:02 PM: Message edited by: BuckeyeROC ]</small>
Old 03-01-2003, 10:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

personally I chose and run a borla catback. there are a great many reasons to run one over the other but the deciding factor for me was the interchangability of adjustable plates to allow/restrict exhaust flow. at the moment I have QTP headers with their 3" offroad y-pipe and keep the borla wide open, but after this weekend of installing the same setup on a friend's car with a TR230 cam i can see why i may be changing from no plate (wide open) to perhaps a half open plate.
Old 03-02-2003, 02:26 PM
On The Tree

Well I read in a High Performace Pontiac mag they had a build up of a 4th gen ws6. First thing they did was replaced the exh. They dynoed before the change, open head exh. and B&B Triflow. They wrote that the exh flowed about the same installed as uninstalled.