Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How much do resonators help?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2006, 06:30 PM
14 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default How much do resonators help?

New exhaust law where I live, so I have to try to lower my exhaust noise. I'm putting in a magnaflow muffler with an internal x-pipe. I've already got duals with a x-pipe and 12" dynomax bullets. I also have my stock cats still on.

Tomorrow when I put the new dual in/out magnaflow muffler on, I was wanting to put the bullets I already have in front of it. Would this help to lower the noise some as opposed to not running them? I know it's gonna be loud at WOT, just trying to lower the noise at idle and part throttle as much as I can without having a restrictive exhaust. What do ya'll think?
Old 06-07-2006, 06:54 PM
TECH Junkie

it will restrict the air flow but probably not that much that you could feel. the bullets will make it a little more smoother and lass raspy at idle. it may just be what you need. I would just try the magnaflow at first because it is a very quiet exhaust.
Old 06-07-2006, 09:52 PM
14 Second Truck Club

Do you think that having 2 x-pipes(one in the muffler and one already on the exhaust) will help it at idle as well?