Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stock y-pipe removal Q

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2003, 11:35 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock y-pipe removal Q

I'm prolly goin to the track Friday, and I borrowed a friend's ET Streets, so I wanna make this night count by hopefully getting 12.5 or faster. One thing I was thinking about doing was taking off my sh*tty stock y-pipe and just letting it run straight out each cat. Would this be beneficial you think, enough to go through the trouble of taking it off? I'd sure hope so, considering our stock y-pipe is a big pos. Only thing, once I take off the y-pipe, the exhaust behind it starting at the i-pipe won't be supported, and I'm assuming the i-pipe will rest against the bottom of the car from the weight of the muffler behind it. Any way I can secure it?

FYI: Yes, I know it'll be loud. My main question is how can I secure the i-pipe so it doesn't fall down, or the weight of the muffler in the rear pull it up and it sits against the top of the chassis, dunno which one will happen, as I haven't looked at where the hangers are along the exhause yet.