Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Throttlebody questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2003, 08:30 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Throttlebody questions

Is the throttlebody on a fly by wire 5.3 Tahoe the same as on C5 Corvette?Does the C5 throttlebody flow more?If it flows more will it bolt on a truck?
Old 03-10-2003, 04:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: Throttlebody questions

Most all GM V6 and V8 TBs are 75 mm. There's a good chance the body casting in the flow area is the same as the Vette, so swapping probably wouldn't be any advantage. It could be ported similarly to Vette TB however, with results similar to porting other LS1 TBs.

GM said the Electronic Throttle Conttol (ETC) was added to the 5.3 Tahoe for a unique "throttle feel". I've not driven a 2003. How does it feel? In cruise, does the pedal come back to the idle position so you can use it a a footrest or "dead pedal"?
Old 03-10-2003, 05:27 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Throttlebody questions

Thanks for answering my post old sstroker.I've driven both the ETC and cable version of the Tahoe and can't tell any difference.I think it just makes it possible for them to add traction control.My tahoe has a intercooled magnacharger and I thought it might benefit from a better flowing throttlebody.It may be that with 71/2 lbs.of boost it might not make any difference.