Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tsp true duals

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2006, 07:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default tsp true duals

has anybody mounted up tsp true duals to the stock cats? I want to sswitch up my exhaust and I think that would sound awesome.
Old 06-25-2006, 07:49 PM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Do you have emissions laws that you will need them for a visual inspection?
Old 06-25-2006, 07:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Do you have headers or is it stock from the manifolds to the cats?
Old 06-25-2006, 08:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

yes..I have emissions visual...no tail pipe testing. stock manifolds and cats...i'm more worried about sound then getting anymore power. I have the reg rumbler right now. what is the quietest straight through muffler that couold be done on true duals?
Old 06-25-2006, 08:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

You could probably take the TSP duals and have a shop make a custom pipe that will go from the cats to the dual setup. I havent seen it done, but I am sure it can be done, all they have to do is bend 2 pipes and put flanges on both ends.

Spiral flows mufflers are nice, they sound great and are very tame when not on the gas hard.
Old 06-26-2006, 01:39 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by BrandonDrecksage
yes..I have emissions visual...no tail pipe testing. stock manifolds and cats...i'm more worried about sound then getting anymore power. I have the reg rumbler right now. what is the quietest straight through muffler that couold be done on true duals?

The best mufflers would be MagnaFlows. Their straight through, noise cancelling design mufflers on dual pipes going over the axle and with one muffler located on each side of the rear tub then with both pipes going out the rear from beneath the bumper in their stock location. With the stock manifolds and stock catalytic converters and an "H" pipe, the MagnaFlows will give you a sound that is not loud, (as long as you press lightly on the loud peddle around town) but will give you a deep tone with that muscle car sound.