Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

does anyone here know anything about true duals and x pipe please help

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2003, 01:57 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default does anyone here know anything about true duals and x pipe please help

since my longtubes are goofy, meaning the drivers one has a 90* bend in it do you think its a good idea to run a true dual setup with regular headers? or is true duals with x pipe basically for longtubes? if i got regular headers and ran a y pipe setup with a borla or triflow exhaust do you think that the y pipe/ borla setup would sound better than the regular headers/ true dual setup with x pipe and bullets? or will the regular headers with true duals sound better than the y pipe setup? do you think my 1/4 mile times would be just as good with regular headers and the true duals with x pipe, as it would be with the longtubes with true duals and x pipe? my times shouldnt be any better because its a v6 and the longtubes are only like 10" longer
Old 04-26-2003, 08:39 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: does anyone here know anything about true duals and x pipe please help

There is nothing you can do exhaust wise that will improve the sound more than putting on true duals. The X will give it a better sound, and more power. Just dont go too big on the pipe, for a v-6. I dont think I'd go bigger than 2.5 or even 2.25.