Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help, installing ls6 intake, EGR

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2006, 10:20 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help, installing ls6 intake, EGR

Alright, I know that everyone says to get rid of the EGR system. However, for now I want to keep it on mainly because I don't have time to get the code blocked or removed from the computer system. I have the SLP ls6 Intake with EGR provisions. I've got the LS1 intake off and was getting ready to install the EGR hose back into the LS6. However, there is currently block off plug in the inlet of the intake. I believe I will have to get an air rench to unbolt it. Once I have done this, will the EGR Pipe fit inside the hole and how do I bolt it to the intake. There is a place on the LS1 intake to screw it, down however, there is not a place to screw it down on the LS6. Please help! I guess ultimately how do I get the EGR pipe connected to the LS6 Intake? Thnx in advance.
Old 07-01-2006, 12:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If there's a plug in the top then its not really an ls6 intake. Theres no way for the EGR to hook up to an ls6 intake.
Old 07-01-2006, 12:47 PM
Staging Lane

When I said plug, I meant that there is a nut screwed on to block off the hole. I'm referring to SLP's version, part number 30041. I actually found a picture that shows that it does connect. It also says that I will have to cut the EGR tube to work. I going to give this a try.
Old 07-01-2006, 02:47 PM
TECH Addict

Yeah they sell a EGR LS6 intake, it came on the 01-02 LS1's stock I believe. The Zo6 LS6 intake did not have the EGR hookups. I wouldn't go cutting away at your EGR lines if you aren't planning on getting rid of it until you're absolutely sure that you have to. I'm not saying you don't know because i'm betting you do, but i'm just making sure so i'm putting these pics up.
This is an LS1 intake with the EGR hookup.

This is the LS6 intake with no EGR hookup.