Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Resuts from Mamofied LS2 TB

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2006, 05:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Resuts from Mamofied LS2 TB

I also posted this on the "other" forum.

As a few of you know, I installed a FAST90 / LS2 on my C5 a few weeks ago. The results were extremly disappointing to say the least:ack: Before the swap, I had a Z06 / ported TB, and it was extremly crisp off idle and at low speed, considering I have a 3500 stall. It actually drove very close to stock until you nailed it. (read;a ball to drive!) After the install, it had an extremly soggy bottom end. It had poor low speed drivability, and mid range, unless you went to WOT. It actally drove like it had one of the old, high stall, non lockup convertors in it. All or nothing!
I posted on a couple of forums looking for some suggestions, but to be quite honest, I had every intention of pulling it off and going back to the 75mm. I am not interested in a few extra hp, at the loss of ANY low speed drivability
I PM'd Tony M, a member here on the forum, and asked his advice. He told me that he could eliminate 75% of the problem by porting the TB. Since I had already done some minor porting on it, I wasn't sure how much difference it would make...Well..
Results;
After installing the TB, it is just like NIGHT and DAY! Almost all of the crispness is back (It is a 90mm after all) It has a strong low, and mid-range. The part throttle response is back, and it is once again FUN to drive. I can't really tell a lot of difference in the WOT hp, but then again, it's been 3 1/2 weeks since I drove it. I feel confident now that with a good tune, it should be stronger, yet just as drivable as before. Now to figure out whether or not to go with a speed density tune, or a good dyno tune with someone who also works on the drivability side.
Thanks for the help Tony, you difinitly know your S_ _ _!!
Old 08-08-2006, 11:30 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How much was the service and what was the turn around time?
Old 08-09-2006, 06:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Did you ever get back to the dyno with the FAST setup? Curious as to how you made out.