Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Broken Throttle Cable Clip

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2006, 08:56 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Broken Throttle Cable Clip

The clip that holds the cable cover in the bracket behind the throttle body is broke. I didn't see any obvious way to just pull off the broken one and slip a new one on in its place. Has anyone had to do this? Will I have to disconnect the cable at both ends to get the new clip on? Thanks.
Old 07-19-2006, 10:52 AM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did the little locking clip the break or the whole thing? My locking part has been gone since day 1 with no problems..... :knock knock knock:
Old 07-19-2006, 11:02 AM
On The Tree

The guides, I guess you could say, that hold the clip in the slot of the bracket broke off on one side and bent to the point where it's just barely holding in the clip on the other side. I'm gonna take a handful of tie-wraps out there and try to jury rig it, but I'd like the proper part back in place. I just have a real problem paying a tech $85.00/hr to do something that could be very simple to fix myself, ya know?
Old 07-19-2006, 11:15 AM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I 'erd ya on the "not paying a tech". I've never had anything done to my car by anyone but me lol.

You might be able to buy just the clip, but more than likely you'll need to buy the whole cable assembly. If you could get a part number, you could try SDPC2000.com and see if they have it. If not, try GMPartsDirect.com.

A junkyard special might also work out for you.
Old 07-19-2006, 11:42 AM
On The Tree

Thanks Blur. If I have to end up buying the cable that'll suck, but the worst part will probably be fishing it into place and all that!
Old 07-19-2006, 03:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine did the same thing, but broke on the front side only. I screwed a small PK screw (self taping) through the hole into the plastic on the backside. It's worked so far.
Old 07-20-2006, 07:33 AM
On The Tree

Thanks for the suggestions guys. Can we say: TIE WRAPS!!! I moved the throttle cable to the other side of the trans filler tube which now gives the cable a straight run to the bracket, then tie wrapped it to the tube. Simple really, but hey, I'm old; don't have any friends, and crave attention!

Quick Reply: Broken Throttle Cable Clip