Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ignition surge

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2006, 10:19 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Ignition surge

ok i really dont know how to explain this so i will do my best

it happend to me last night and twice this morning, it seems that when i take off and my trans shifts into 2nd gear im getting a power surge, radio shuts off and immediatly comes back on as well as the cluster the needles want to flash but then come back on right away and dont really go all the way up i also want to think that it is shutting down my ignition system also but i do not know when it is going to happen (surge) i am really confused as this has never done this before

mods are - sccra, slp lt's, slp ory, 3.73's, shift kit, flowmaster catback, air!, egr!, tr55's, msd 8.5 wires

ive done a couple wot runs and everything is fine but like i said it just started last night and again this morning doing it whenever it pleases,
please help shaun
Old 07-23-2006, 10:33 AM
On The Tree

Did you change anything on your car lately? Also maybe the ground wire isn't making good contact. I've experinced something simular with mine but I think that it's when the cooling fans come on that mine dims the light for a moment and fans tend to draw some power.
Old 07-23-2006, 10:37 AM
On The Tree

no i havent changed anything lately, i cleaned the airfilter that was it but to clarify up surging its actually shutting off the power but not enough for me to take notice in driving ability
Old 07-23-2006, 01:07 PM
On The Tree

bump, come on guys i need the help

got it scanned and no codes are being thrown