Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

turn downs or not

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2006, 12:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Question turn downs or not

first off I did a search and didnt come up with what im looking for..

I got LT's, 3" true duals with dynomax bullets..all in all I like it but going dwn the road it vibrates everything in the car BAD!! so Im gonna trade my bullets for some 3" flowmasters..now for the LEAST amount in noise inside the car should I just shoot it straight out the back or turn downs?

Im not stupid I know TD's are gonna be loud but I do like to hear if im talking to someone...
Old 07-28-2006, 12:50 PM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

out the back will always be 10 times quieter than dumps. get rid of the turndowns, you'll enjoy it a lot more. you'll be surprised at first because it'll sound like that great sound is gone but it's just aimed away from your ears now. it's still there.
Old 07-28-2006, 01:03 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369
out the back will always be 10 times quieter than dumps. get rid of the turndowns, you'll enjoy it a lot more. you'll be surprised at first because it'll sound like that great sound is gone but it's just aimed away from your ears now. it's still there.

I agree....the best way to lose the interior noise is to take the duals out the back. But if you want to keep them dumped you can put turndowns on and angle them towards the side of the a car a little.
Old 07-28-2006, 01:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry,I gess I should have said..Im didnt mean all the way out the back of the car. It will still stop at the rearend..
Old 07-28-2006, 01:48 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Exhaust dumped underneath the car will cause interior resonance, there's no way around it. You can minimize it's effects by pointing your dumps at a 45 degree angle towards the outside of the car. It helped in my case, but it still resonates from 1600-1800rpm. Some say that pointing the dumps toward each other helps as well, although I've never tried this approach.