Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Have some Pulley ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2006, 11:59 AM
On the tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Have some Pulley ?'s

I tried searching but did not find the answer I was looking for.

I have a 01 Formula, getting ready to drop a little money in it after taking a 2 year hiatus from modding it.

I am going to put some revalved Bilstiens on it and at the same time I was wanting to put a under drive pulley on it.

Now here are my questions...

which pulley is everyone going with, meaning are you doing just the under drive crank pulley or the crank and AC pulley.

How hard is it to do with normal tools, meaning hand tools only. I dont have any air tools. I am pretty sure with the right puller I can get the old one off and have heard if you heat the new on in the over for about 15 minutes @200 degrees it will slide on really easy. So I am assuming other than a torque wrench and a new crank bolt it is pretty much plug and play.

Where is everyone getthing their at and do they come with the belts and bolt?

Thanks for taking the time to answer. I am finally done modding my bike, 2005 ZX10R putting 153rwhp out and want to start messing with my car again.
Old 08-10-2006, 01:15 PM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like my ASP, but I hear the SLP with the high sidewalls on it is nice too. The only one I wouldn't recommend is the March. It seems like lots of people with March pullies are always needing to get a new tensioner due to belts flying off. Some people have good luck, but some don't.

The main pulley has the a/c belt section on it too, and it's not underdriven. The a/c compressor has a clutch, so it just free spins untill it's turned on. Even if it is turned on, it shuts off when you go WOT.

Most people go with strickly an underdrive crank pulley, the belts, and nothing else.

My pulley came off very easy. I "rented" a puller from Autozone and it worked like a charm. I say "rented" because you get all your money back when you return it if you didn't know already. You'll need a heafty breaker bar and a 24mm 6-point socket to remove/install the bolt. I followed the directions on LS1howto.com when I did mine (during camswap).

For putting the new one on, you should get a threaded rod/washer/bolt or a longer bolt with some washers so you don't strip out the crank. I put mine in the oven and it went on so easy I thought there was something wrong at first lol.
Old 08-10-2006, 02:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

everything he said, and i would go with the threaded rod not the longer bolt i used a longer bolt and can see the rob would be better. and big defintae on heating it up a little, **** goes on like butter. i have the powerbond(slp) no issues yet.