Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

the neighbors are gonna love me

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2006, 07:51 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default the neighbors are gonna love me

the corsa muffler on my car crapped out and i can't get it replaced so i decided to fab up a y pipe where the muffler is and put a muffler in the i pipe. i got the y pipe all fabbed, welded, and installed and it looks awesome. the problem is that the magnaflow muffler i got is too long for the i pipe by just a few inches because there is a slight bend in it, so i had to drive the car home from work with gutted cats and well... straight pipes i guess you'd call it. i ordered another muffler today, but it's obviously gonna take a few days to get here so i'm sure i'm gonna hear it from a few of the neighbors when i fire the car up at 6:30 am to leave for work. i'm gonna be going with headers and offroad y soon so i just wanted a cheap fix for the rattling and so far i have a muffler (well 2 now) and 25 bucks in to the pipes for the y. i'm gonna try the moroso spiral flow and see how it sounds. i was torn between that and the dynomax bullet, but i've heard that the spiral flow is quieter so i went with it since the baby (2 1/2 months old) rides in the car sometimes.
surprisingly, it's not even that raspy. i might be used to my old stangs with longtubes, offroad h and bassani and magnaflow magnapack catbacks though. now THOSE were raspy. it sure is loud as hell though. i'm gonna go try to get some sound clips later tonight when the woman gets home to watch the kid if anyone's curious to see what i came up with.
Old 08-12-2006, 02:48 PM
TECH Regular

I want to see the video clip of the PO PO's waiting in you driveway when you home from work!!!
Old 08-12-2006, 02:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

how does that sound with stock manifolds and gutted cats?