Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What to do about LS6 coolant tubes?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2006, 11:23 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default What to do about LS6 coolant tubes?

Ok I know I have a few options, and I have searched, but I haven't really found what is my BEST option.

I know you can leave the stock one there and grind some ribs off the intake to make it fit. This seems to make more sense to me since the #7 cylinder has some cooling issues I guess? This option is mostly free

or I could buy the LS6 style one and move it to the front. But once again this doesnt help the cooling issue with the #7 cylinder. Plus this option costs money

or... I could do both and connect them. I think this is what can be done from what I understand in the other threads? Is there any real advantage to doing this? and what is needed ? Two t-connectors and another piece of tubing?

Help
Old 08-15-2006, 12:12 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Last Option Sounds Best But On My Buddys Car We Just Blocked Off The Rear One Hooked Up The Front Like A 01-02 Motor
Old 08-15-2006, 01:24 AM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bend down/flatten the stocker and grind the ribs. Do a writeup too lol. I cut/welded a stock tube weekend before last for a guy and it worked awesome.

I wouldn't worry about the cooling problem if I was you. If you start making enough power for it to be an issue, you'll be running the FAST and the tube definatly won't fit under that lol.
Old 08-15-2006, 01:43 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I grinded down all of the ribs on the manifold and then sanded it just to make it nice and smooth. Looks like it was made that way now.