Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DOH!! need new torque arm

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2006, 08:58 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default DOH!! need new torque arm

installed my pacesetter headers and attempted to install TSP catted Y. wont fit with my Spohn adj torque arm. i have the flat bar with a step in it, supposedly works for kooks i believe. wasnt sure if it would work with pacesetter and TSP. time for new torque arm with d.s. loop. whos got the cheapest UMI torque arms these days?
Old 08-16-2006, 09:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ski23
installed my pacesetter headers and attempted to install TSP catted Y. wont fit with my Spohn adj torque arm. i have the flat bar with a step in it, supposedly works for kooks i believe. wasnt sure if it would work with pacesetter and TSP. time for new torque arm with d.s. loop. whos got the cheapest UMI torque arms these days?
that sucks...i think everyone's torque arms are made to fit either "stock/kooks headers & ypipe" OR "just about everyone elses"

i would check with byunspeed or UMI directly for their stuff.
Old 08-16-2006, 09:54 PM
12 Second Club

ya, im gonna go with a UMI. now all i gotta do is sell my spohn arm ASAP
Old 08-17-2006, 07:50 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

The Kooks y-pipe is one the of the best fitting y-pipes I have ever seen. It tucks tight against the floor and fits perfect. This is why manufacturers make items specifically to fit a Kooks a set-up, when ground clearance is important this is something to look at.

On the other hand the TSP y-pipe does hang low, this torque arm here will clear- www.umiperformance.com/2202.aspx. It will be close and the y-pipe may even rest on it slightly but will work good. We have installed a few with the TSP y-pipe, the y-pipes seem to vary, one clears nice and one is closer. But this will do the trick, the drive shaft loop will also clear fine.

If I can help anymore please ask. Thanks

Ryan
Old 08-17-2006, 08:23 AM
12 Second Club

So which tq arm will fit with qtp headers and qtp catted y-pipe with bmr ds loop
Old 08-17-2006, 04:16 PM
12 Second Club

i believe i have a older modle spohn torque arm that has a double bar(one 2" ontop and a full bar under that. anyone know its worth? still in good shape,some gouges and scrapes from speed bumps . doesnt look like the new models.