Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what kind of power increase will a dynotune give me

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2006, 08:09 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what kind of power increase will a dynotune give me

I have an lt1 camaro a4 with a hiflo cat, flowmaster muffler, soon mods are hooker supercompetion headers, cutout, k and n intake, throttle body bypass, airfoil, 180 degree thermastat, and possibly a dynotune. I know i can up my shiftpoints to 6200, and turn my fans on early, but will there really be a substantial horsepower increase? Is it worth $300? i was going for 300rwhp from this setup, is that possible? also wondering what size injectors come stock in my 93 z, and what size i should get if i wanted to run nitrous?
Old 09-10-2006, 10:12 PM
TECH Regular

Are you talking about a dynotune or a handheld programmer... because most dynotunes will be in the 400$ range i think... and I've heard of people picking up 20-30 hp with just a tune after LT's or anything like that.

Plus with a dynotune you can do all those things you mentioned plus tune out codes and most places will set up a 50$ fee for any re-tunes for future mods.. so it really is worth it to get it tuned once you get LT's.. then later on when you fold and get heads and cam you can get a tune for 50$ and feel good about having spent 1500$+ and only need to spent 50$ to bring it all together.

THe handheld programmers though.. eh ive never heard of anyone using one for something like tuning after LT's or cam.

Find a good F-body expert in you area that knows the LT1 and LS1 engines, generally people find a good tuner and stick with them for all their future mods.
Old 09-11-2006, 02:24 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Fibbado
Are you talking about a dynotune or a handheld programmer... because most dynotunes will be in the 400$ range i think... and I've heard of people picking up 20-30 hp with just a tune after LT's or anything like that.

Plus with a dynotune you can do all those things you mentioned plus tune out codes and most places will set up a 50$ fee for any re-tunes for future mods.. so it really is worth it to get it tuned once you get LT's.. then later on when you fold and get heads and cam you can get a tune for 50$ and feel good about having spent 1500$+ and only need to spent 50$ to bring it all together.

THe handheld programmers though.. eh ive never heard of anyone using one for something like tuning after LT's or cam.

Find a good F-body expert in you area that knows the LT1 and LS1 engines, generally people find a good tuner and stick with them for all their future mods.
a real dyno tune, not a programmer
Old 09-11-2006, 02:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

here is the difference between untuned and tuned on one of my old cam setups

Old 09-13-2006, 02:34 PM
On The Tree

I would guess that you would pick up 10-12hp with a tune because of geting the air fuel ratio right and then dirivablity