Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buy a catback or just muffler?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2006, 08:53 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Buy a catback or just muffler?

Hey I am getting tired of how quiet my car is and I want some more intimidation factor. Would it be worth it just to throw a Magnaflow muffler on or buy a whole catback? How much h.p. do you think I would get. I am wondering if I am choking my car with all the stock system. I have the slp longtubes and ORY now. #'s in sig
Thanks guys!
Old 09-28-2006, 09:10 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I say get an electric cutout.
Old 09-28-2006, 09:14 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by WhiteKnight98TA
I say get an electric cutout.
werd, my buddy has a 00 z and has Lid and Cutout.. and runs very very strong.. beats all the other ls1's with catback's and lids.
Old 09-28-2006, 09:30 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just gotta find somewhere to put the cut out I guess. Ground clearence is already a huge issue with the SLP's. I want to put one in adventually but am looking for a good tone for now. If I can get a daily driver I am gonna make the car scare babies
Old 09-28-2006, 09:33 PM
Launching!

you can turn it out to the side a bit. In fact that's what you're supposed to do anyways.
Old 09-28-2006, 09:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by smg267
I just gotta find somewhere to put the cut out I guess. Ground clearence is already a huge issue with the SLP's. I want to put one in adventually but am looking for a good tone for now. If I can get a daily driver I am gonna make the car scare babies
I have SLP headers and ORY and I HAD an electric cutout. The clearance was horrible, I actually caught a pothole coming out of a parking lot and it shoved everything after the y pipe off.

You should be ok if you dont go with the electric cutout, but you have to roll the cutout down so it protects the motor for the electric flange and it sits low as hell.

It sounds good though. Good luck.