Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust leak?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2006, 04:14 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust leak?

i recently installed headers on my car and i think i have an exhaust leak. My car seems to be running sluggish partly because its so rich but would the exhaust leak contribute to that problem...and also how do i know i have one. I think i hear a slight hiss when im driving so im assuming thats a leak but i have to narrow it down as to where it is.
Old 10-02-2006, 04:25 PM
TECH Regular

The leak should not have any thing to do with you running funny unless its huge in which case you would know and i dont think it would make you bog down hard. you should be able to smell it if you sit there and let it idle if its bad. I think we are looking at other issue as to it running sluggish tho. ie plugs fule filter
Old 10-02-2006, 04:35 PM
On The Tree

when i re installed all my plug wires if they are not all the way on would that cause the crappy performance? i really wanna get my tune first and then see whats going on cause im definately running rich
Old 10-02-2006, 05:36 PM
TECH Addict

yea definitly if all the plugs and wires arnt in all the way your car will run like crap, I would check that, headers shouldnt make it so rich so that it doesnt run right
Old 10-02-2006, 07:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Have you been throwing any codes???
Old 10-02-2006, 07:56 PM
On The Tree

yea i throw a code but im pretty sure its just the rear o2s cause i didnt put simulators on. and its starting to ride a little better i guess it just needs a lil time to adjust? either way i still want to get a tune to make it run perfect
Old 10-03-2006, 10:12 AM
TECH Regular

I would go ahead and check all your plugs and wires. Like the guy above me stated it will make it run like dog shitttt if any of them are off or are not sitting right ie plug wires not all the way down on the plugs. Now on to headers. From what i have read on here running a lilttle rich has been kind of a hit or miss thing. Keep in mind every car is differnt. A car that runs to rich or to lean will idle funny and flat out run weird. It will also sound different (at idle is when your most likley gonna hear the difference in tone). i would check that code out and do the plugs like every one said. let us know whats up