Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which cutout to buy?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2006, 11:14 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HOSS
QTEC here, no problems, been running it for 3 months, open and close it l ike 50000 times when I drive it. Stock muffler+cutout+lopey cam=lot of fun
Ok then so what I'm seeing here seems to be the luck of the draw I guess. Possibly how well there taken care of to? The car hibernates in a heated garage all winter and I only drive it in good weather during summer, regardless if I get a dud cutout won't matter what weather I'm having, but my point is that probably the guys with DD's will get more issues since there using there's more often.

Ok then I've narrowed it down to Qtec,DMH,McCord if this is narrowing down lol!
Old 10-07-2006, 08:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by HOSS
Stock muffler+cutout+lopey cam=lot of fun
haha, thats the setup i'm doing too... EB LTs/Race Y-pipe/DMH/Stock Exhaust... Quite when i need it, and loud everywhere else..
Old 10-07-2006, 09:05 AM
On The Tree

Well I've had 3 QTP crap out on me in the past 4years.(lost the whole motor wile driven down the road at 90) Looking for someting diffrent for the 69.On gmmg its a lot louder open aleast at high speeds
Old 10-07-2006, 04:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I just got my catback hooked up to the downpipe finally, I have my cutout about 3-4ft after the turbo. Would the tremendous heat at WOT pose any problems to an electric cutout?
Old 10-07-2006, 04:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Thumbs up

QTEC....3 YEARS almost.....
Old 10-07-2006, 04:28 PM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Plain jane cutout if I had to do it.
Old 10-07-2006, 08:48 PM
Launching!

I love my DMH I've had it now for 2 years, and did have a problem with it sealing and he said its rare that that happens, but once in a while a bad one come out. Mine didn't leak until 2 years after buying it, and he had no problem sending me out a new one. I simply returned my old one and he sent me the new one. Thats customer service! I haven't found any other company with a better warranty, so even if his costs more its well worth it. The swith fits perfetly into the lightbulb housing inside the ashtray. I removed the light and just stuck the switch in and now the switch is hidden, until I open up the ashtray.