Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TD / X-Pipe course of action...

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2006, 10:55 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TD / X-Pipe course of action...

I have read many threads already, so bear with me on this.

I currently have the TSP X / Bullet setup. I love the sound but at times it is a bit too much. At 5 in the morning specifically, when I fire it up it sounds like I unleashed hell from my garage. At times like that I wish I had some electric cutouts.

I have also been toying with the idea of getting a different X, one that fits better. The Bassani system looks awesome, but it is made for stock manifolds. I'm told that with some work you can make it fit Longtube headers. What kind of work would that be? Also, I don't know if I want the whole system back, as I wanted to try the Spiral Flow mufflers or even the 1 chamber Flowmasters. I would be willing to try it if it sounded good though. How do the Bassani mufflers sound, and if I needed to would they be easily changed? Otherwise would it be possible to buy it without the mufflers?

So what do you guys think I should do? Make the 2.5" Bassani fit and see how it sounds? Keep the 3" TSP X, take off the bullets and do custom mandrel 2.5" over the axle? I can still raise the X a bit, when I get a new torque arm. That was my original plan but i'm not sure which route will end up costing more and/or being better. Heads and cam are in the future of this car so the 3" would be nice to have. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by BlackHawk T/A; 10-08-2006 at 09:18 AM.
Old 10-08-2006, 09:19 AM
TECH Addict

Sunday bump.
Old 10-09-2006, 09:57 AM
TECH Addict

Bump for Columbus Day...anyone? Help a brotha out.
Old 10-09-2006, 12:41 PM
Trunion King

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would try to contact bassani if they can help you out. I'm sure with enough persistance you can fit anything you want to for your car, question is how much $$ are you willing to shell out? With my SW longtubes and bassani tds the whole system really tucks in under the car, the only thing I can actually see is the driver side exhaust at the collector side. I have posted a couple of pics and video clip at the stickies.