Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blown Cat

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2006, 09:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blown Cat

Title made me laugh too.

Went to the track today and made about 4 runs and noticed when pulling into my garage a loud rattling sound from under me. I leaned under with the engine idling and it seems to be coming from the driver side cat. I have a QTP Catted Y with the high flow Magnaflows. The sound is very similar to my brother's Jeep 4.0 when the cat went bad on it. I'll check it out more tomorrow and check back. I did notice the exhaust seemed a tad louder on the drive home.

Anyone else have this problem with the Magnaflow/Carsound highflow cats? They've been on the car for around 2 years now.
Old 10-14-2006, 10:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

my friend has a QTY catted Y - his cats just blew out a couple weeks ago!
Old 10-14-2006, 11:18 PM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I see an ORY in your future.
Old 10-15-2006, 11:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well I checked it out further and it is definately the driver's side cat making the rattling noise. If you bang the cat with your hand you can hear it rattling around inside. Magnaflow/Carsound #94109. I don't get why it blew out. I thought they made them better than this. I'm stuck now, don't want to go back to an ORY and don't want to spend $$ on the same thing that's gonna happen again.

Anyone having luck with Magnaflow's #59959 metallic cats? Supposed to flow more than the ones I have now.