Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So... Why doesnt meziere make an installation kit?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2006, 11:10 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default So... Why doesnt meziere make an installation kit?

So im wondering why u buy the water pump then have to go out and buy other stuff like a relay and wiring, etc... Kinda doesnt make sense to me at all. Im torn between getting the relay kit from summit or going to an auto place and buying the stuff. Any advice?
Old 10-16-2006, 04:57 AM
TECH Resident

bump, anyone?
Old 10-16-2006, 08:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Whats the point of going with their pupm anyway? It sort of scares me when they give you a time for it to fail, but not safety rpecautions to stop it? you'll loose maybe 5hp with a mechanicle pump, but it'll gof or a hell of a lot longer, not to mention its cheaper. If I were you though, i'd just buy the wiring kit because if you mess up something little, you risk the chance of killing your engine.
Old 10-16-2006, 08:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just wire it up to a 12v switched source and ground.. I wouldn't want to worry about turning my wp on and off.
Old 10-16-2006, 09:28 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by BirdmanLS1
So im wondering why u buy the water pump then have to go out and buy other stuff like a relay and wiring, etc... Kinda doesnt make sense to me at all. Im torn between getting the relay kit from summit or going to an auto place and buying the stuff. Any advice?
Mine came w/a relay, in-line fuse, & related wiring. Either the company I bought it from included the kit or Meziere was selling the pumps that way @ that time. In either cases, Meziere should be selling pumps complete w/ wiring kits if they expect to have a leg to stand on when it comes time to warantee the pump. Meziere wil not warantee the pump if the 7.5 Amp in-line fuse isn't installed to protect the pump. It would be kinda goofy not to have provided the fuse to the customer w/ the pump. I'd call Meziere & point this out.

Electric water pumps are great for providing increased flow @ low RPM such as while idling. This is not the case for mechanical water pumps. Electrical water pumps are also great for removing air within the system without having to run the engine. This means that air can be purged from the cooling system while the engine is cold because the engine does not have to be started to run the pump. Engine can also be cooled faster after hot lapping
by turning the engine off w/ the pump on.
Old 10-16-2006, 10:30 PM
TECH Resident

Ok.. well i will go ahead and call meziere and ask wtf is up cause i dont wanna mess this up. Thanks for the info.
Old 10-17-2006, 08:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

I heard of a guy who hooked up a light that would come on in case the pump failed for any reason. He said he had a friend who fried his engine do to a pump failing and not knowing when it happened. I do not know how he wired it, but it's a nifty idea.