Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wow!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2006, 08:30 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wow!!!!!!

Okay rarely do i post about a mod unless I have acually done some dyno testing and such. Well recently I sold not only the new LS6 intake I had bought but the one that was on my 02 TA as well, I didnt know that the 02 came with it when I bought the new intake. Anyway I decided when I saw the killer deal TSP was having on the PTM 90mm TB and 90mm LSX fast intake I had to get it. If your in the market now is a GREAT time to do so and their customer service is AWESOME!!! Trevor was very patient and understanding and answered all my ?s even when they had nothing to do with what i was getting. Thanks alot Trevor, but everyone I spoke too was very good to deal with will be doing more buisness with em.

A few things to note that if you are doing this conversion and have not done the coolant bypass you will be so plan ahead for it, as I didnt, and had to walk to the local parts store haha. I also had decided to install a new LS6 style valley pan PVC system while I was in there as I do not like the LS1 style and its inherit overuse of oil consumption. I was at first going to buy a ported intake from Dave, Tony M, or Ron at vengence but as with my heads my uncle said I could use his tools and he'd help me out doing a light porting to the intake as well. So the stage was set. We got it late last night and I opend it up and did a light porting to it took off the edges in the intake to head area and smoothed it out radiused the turns a bit and that was it. took about 2 hours of testing and porting. I was a little nervous being I had heard bad things about not porting it correctly. I installed it and took it for a test drive and the first thing I did notice was it didnt idle correctly the PTM TB was great quality but stuck a bit at close and didnt fully close but after a little opening and closing it felt fine and good solid seal. I was NOT impressed with the results it seemed sluggish, and didnt carry full RPMs at all. Well i got home from my test drive I popped the hood and was looking around and had my buddy press the pedal and heres your tip if you are gunna do this make sure you install your throttle cable in the furthest hole as I had it in the top hole on the TB and was only getting 50% throttle. Changed it let the car warm up and Immediately noticed VERY good throttle response!!!!! In fact better than the old set up! NO lie and the pull was AMAZING I can say with certainty that I gained a good 20+ RWHP!!!! So I must have ported it correctly cause I have done mods and gained 10 RWHP and couldnt feel it but you CAN defintiely feel this!!!!!!!!!! Another cool side effect is now you can also hear a nice sucking in of the air through the TB hehe!!!! Car revs faster and pulls harder and is probably one of the best mods I have felt to date. Dyno numbers will follow this Sat at the anual dyno day!!!
Old 10-18-2006, 12:32 PM
Launching!

Sounds good! How much did you pick it up for?
Old 10-18-2006, 03:53 PM
11 Second Club

1075.00 shipped but i paid a little extra to have it overnighted
Old 10-18-2006, 04:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

For a grand you better be able to feel the difference.
Old 10-18-2006, 04:26 PM
Launching!

well screw you mr. moneybags.

haha glad you enjoy it!!
Old 10-18-2006, 10:46 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by WhiteKnight98TA
well screw you mr. moneybags.

haha glad you enjoy it!!
Geez jealousy rears its ugly head and dam do i mean ugly hahaha just kiddin. no not moneybags I sold my old intake and I had a new spare LS6 intake which I sold both for 300 so between that and savin up for a few paydays it wasnt that hard. So in light of my new induction system if noone likes that I got it and they didnt I have one thing to say haha Well at least my TA is really standing up to the new personalized plates I got today 1BADTA hehe