Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

underdrive pulley experts help plz

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2006, 01:16 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default underdrive pulley experts help plz

Hey ive been having problems with a squeak under the hood. Long story but I cleaned all the pulleys and replaced the belt and it went away for 200miles. Then it came back and I took it to a shop they replaced my idler pulley and it is still squeaking so now the guy who I took it to says its the crank pulley it has a slight wobble to it and he says needs to replaced its still a stock pulley so now my question is who makes the best underdrive pulley and witch one comes with a belt.I talked to speedinc since its not to far from me and they have the slpunder drive pulley for 213bucks but it does not come with a belt. Also im wondering if you guys think it might be my prob with the squeak since it does wobble a tiny bit, and if so why would it stop after I changed belts and come back 200miles later i cant figure that out thanks for the help guys

quad
Old 10-25-2006, 01:22 PM
12 Second Club

Buy and ASP...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ASP-U...spagenameZWDVW
Old 10-25-2006, 03:24 PM
On the tree

I have the SLP one, it is nice and will do what you need it to do. They give you the belt numbers when you order it or you can get them from the website and just buy the belts ahead of time so you have them when do the install.
Old 10-25-2006, 08:28 PM
Teching In

bumpp
Old 10-26-2006, 08:47 PM
Staging Lane

is it a squeak or a whine
Old 10-26-2006, 09:28 PM
Teching In

Definetly a squeak and a bad 1 its like a chirp at idle then as soon as I accelerate it comes in bad and rarely quiets down after I drive it a little while.Like i said i pulled the belt cleaned every pulley replaced the belt and it went away for 200miles.Then it came back so i got another belt from my buddie that was never on his car and for the hell of it I put it on and it was still their.So now the guy i took it to says its the crank pulley.I have my doubts since hes reading service bullitins and trying to go from their but now I cant take my car back their since i trusted him and someone smoked my tires so besides that i think im going to buy thr asp underdrive pulley with the alternator pulley.Then one of my buddies can help me install it.
thanks for the replys
quad