Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone running QTP LT's w/ ORY and tunnel mounted Torque arm?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2006, 02:22 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Anyone running QTP LT's w/ ORY and tunnel mounted Torque arm?

Hi, I have been trying to find an answer to this question for a few days now. I am trying to purchase a set of QTP long tube headers, but I have a UMI Tunnel mounted Torque arm #2202 Torque Arm

The description says:
Item Will Not Fit- This item may not clear the QTP y-pipe, please check before purchasing.
I emailed them a few days ago, and tried to call today (All at a trade show till monday) and I would like to tell the seller yes or no on the deal asap.

Does anyone have QTP Long Tube headers w/ a QTP off road y-pipe and have the same torque arm? Anyone have any pics? Is there any clearance issues, and if so, is it an easy fix? I will have a set of 3-point sub frame connectors, so that will lower the front torque arm mount 3/16" lower than stock. Please let me know.

Thanks everyone for your time.

Last edited by BlackDuk98; 12-15-2006 at 02:39 PM.
Old 12-15-2006, 08:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had to modify the QTP y with mine. I would send you pics, but its gone. Short answer, not perfect but yes it will work if you have some time and a welder.
Old 12-16-2006, 04:09 PM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello,

Sorry for the delay, we have all been at PRI, QTP was there was well.

It should clear but may require some slight modifications but nothing major. If you don't mind modifying it slightly (if needed) then you shouldn't have any problems. The only issue will be the Flowmaster merge, it is very large.

Hope that helps!
Ryan
Old 12-20-2006, 12:01 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe this will help a bit. As you can see, I've changed the Y-pipe a bit, but it didn't fit any different with the original QTP arrangement.
Old 12-20-2006, 12:50 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Along with many others, I recommend a custom Y-pipe rather than the QTP.
Old 12-20-2006, 08:25 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default .

Thanks for all of your help, but I passed on the header deal because of some info i got from another LS1 owner who informed me of a few problems / headaches, which would cost me a bunch. Bad info i guess. and I have had too many problems leaving cars at shops to get worked on (that is one of the reasons i am going to school for automotive tech. and have been workin at a shop for a few years now) So i do everything myself. That way, if something goes wrong, i only have myself to blame. Plus, the seller I think got pissed or something at me because I said i decided to pass even though I informed him that I had to work out a few details before I would commit to any sale. And also told him to sell it if he had a buyer before me. not sure. But thanks. That pic makes me regret on passing on the deal though.

Happy Holidays