Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

O2 sensor problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2006, 10:19 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default O2 sensor problem

Well here is the scoop....not long after finishing up the LS1 swap in my truck....the check engine light came on. It was throwing the PO135 code...driver's side, pre-cat o2. Now the truck does have LT headers on it and I know O2's tend to be cooler whenn running headers. So anyways...today...replaced the O2 sensor thinking it was bad and the truck was doing fine until about an hour ago it started throwing the code again.

I see that some people are using the vette rear O2 sensors because they have a stronger heater?

Just wanting opinions on how these are working for people who have used them?

Thanks,
-Taylor
Old 12-23-2006, 02:14 AM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lots of people switch and yes it helps. I never had a problem with the stockers, but I switched to the Bosch 13111's because mine were really old.

DTC P0135 HO2S Heater Performance Bank 1 Sensor 1

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-external-engine/509539-water-got-up-intake-what-now-all-diagnostic-trouble-codes-dtcs-inside.html

It would probably help you, and I'd swap out both of them. If the problem hangs around, you could try wrapping the collector and up the header a bit.