Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

True Duals out the Back??

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2007, 09:04 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default True Duals out the Back??

For guys that have done this, how much does it usually cost to run them out the back through a CME. I would have a muffler shop custom bend etc.. Just wondering what a ballpark figure would be or how much you guys paid so if I do do it I dont get my dick buried in the dirt on the price. Also do you recommend over the axle or under. The car is lowered a bit as it does have the Bilstein Ultra Performance suspension and I have a small hump in my driveway. Thanks in advance.
Old 01-19-2007, 09:12 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i went over the axel and the labor was 420ish if i remeber right. the pipes were already made for another customer and he took them off, and i bought them from him for $50. so i cant give you an exact. but the new pipes and the labor for bending, fitting, and welding, could run you upwards of $800 maybe more.
Old 01-19-2007, 09:58 AM
Banned

For a custom system, including all materials, you can expect to pay upwards of $800. However you might find a good deal for on or around $500. This would include piping from the headers back up and over the axle and out the rear, not including tips. I would recommend having it done over the axle, it will cause less headaches in the long run and be slightly better designed. Make sure they use a mandrel bender, and try to watch them if you can so they don't cut any corners.
Old 01-19-2007, 10:17 AM
TECH Resident

I am going to go with the TSP x-pipe setup which comes dumped. I should have clarified that earlier my bad. I just want it extended out the back to the CME.
Old 01-19-2007, 10:18 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can confirm that price..with respect to San Diego....~800 seems to be THE amount from teh established places.... I am getting mine done for 600 not including tips...Im going to reuse my dual dual tips