Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Coolant connections

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2007, 10:09 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Coolant connections

Not being familiar with the LS1 cooling system, could you please enlighten me

In the pic, where do they all connect to ?

Old 01-21-2007, 10:22 AM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The two 1/2" or so lines go to the heater core, big one next to those two connects to the bottom of the radiator on the passenger side, big one above the water pump pulley (right of the tensioner) connects to the top of the radiator on the driver side.

The tiny one connecting the heads together right under the throttle body, needs to connect to a port close to the top of the radiator. It normally runs through the throttle body from the factory (1/4" tube above the big tube on the right) before it goes to the radiator, but we normally bypass the throttle body.
Old 01-21-2007, 10:42 AM
Launching!

Thanks buddy

The reason I asked is, I`ve had to have a custom radiator made, both top and bottom hoses are on the the drivers side (which is the right hand side in my case)

I know you cant see the bottom hose in that pic but you can see the top one and a small one on the near side, what would connect to that ?
Old 01-21-2007, 10:45 AM
Launching!

A better pic of the rad .............

Old 01-21-2007, 10:47 AM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This hose should connect the vent tube to that small port on your radiator. A piece of 5/16" hose should do the trick for you. F-bodies have the small radiator port on the "US passenger side", but it'll work the same on either, just run a hose over to it.

The coolant vent tube is just below the "Here" on the far right.

As for the large hoses, I'd connect the one on the bottom to the bottom and the top to the top. You'll probably need some custom hoses, but you should be able to find some. Best thing is to look around in an autoparts store 'till you see one that will almost fit and is the right shape.

Last edited by TheBlurLS1; 01-21-2007 at 10:53 AM.
Old 01-21-2007, 10:52 AM
Launching!

Thanks again

There`s a company over here that make custom silicon hoses, just send the measurements etc. and they`ll make `em in any colour you like.