Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pacesetters/ORY/LM1

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 11:24 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Pacesetters/ORY/LM1

I installed my headers and ory yesterday.......the pacesetters fit great i couldnt believe it fit that easy........i had to cut about a 1/4 in off a ear that came off the block on the driver side.....but that was it.....the y-pipe was a little tricky.........its loud as **** now almost to loud........but i cant really tell any power differents.........maybe because the noise is distracting me idk... do these motors need a little back pressure to run better? I will have to race my buddy from a roll to tell if there is a diffrents they only bad thing is it hangs down kinda low......and i have drug it a few time already.....in and out of driveways. But 3 inch pipe is hard to tuck up under there.

5mb and 24mb videos
fly by

idle
Old 01-26-2007, 11:38 AM
TECH Resident

i had the same exhaust set up on my 01 ss, it was loud but thats the way i like my cars. I been runnin straight pipe for a couple years now, and man you are gonna love it wen you put a cam in!

have fun scarin everybody
Old 01-26-2007, 11:54 AM
12 Second Club

Received 443 Likes on 354 Posts

Sweet, thanks for posting that. That's pretty much going to be my exhaust setup this spring, although I might be using eBay race headers if they're out. If it's too loud for you, add a pair of resonator tips to cut down on it.
Old 01-26-2007, 12:47 PM
12 Second Club

yea....i gotta wait and see if the cops are going to **** with me around here.....i went to my buddies house to give him a ride. His step-dad was sitting in the back yard....he said he could here me on the highway....only 3 blocksway.....then on the all the way down the bypass which is from 2 1/2 miles away............i do love the sound of the drive by..............but i dont like the sound between 2000 and 3500 rpms...........a cam will be next so i will wait till that to make up my mind on changing the exhuast