Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Should I Switch From Mids To Fl?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2007, 10:49 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should I Switch From Mids To Fl?

Hello All!
I Need Some Imput.the Original Owner Of My 99 Ss Camaro Installed Mac Midlengths W/catted Y Pipe And Flowmaster Catback.i'm About To Install Tsp Ms4 Cam,ls6 Stage 1 Heads And Ls6 Intake.would It Be Worth The Extra $ To Go Full Length Headers & Ory Or Just Ory On My Current Setup? Also,do U Think I Need Larger Injectors(over Stock 24lb(?))?
Thanks
Old 02-02-2007, 11:09 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you've got the money to spend, I'd upgrade to longtubes....I'm glad I made the switch. If the catted y you have now has Mac cats, they're known to be pretty restrictive. It would probably be a safe bet that with your mods you will be well over 400rwhp and pushing your stock injectors (26lb) close to 100% duty cycle. An injector upgrade would be a good idea.
Old 02-02-2007, 11:15 AM
Banned

Ragarding switching from mids to LT's, you might gain a few (5 or so) hp, but you will gain more tq, under the curve. Whether or not that's enough to warrant a change is up to you. You'll have to factor in the cost of the new headers, plus installation costs. That adds up, it might not be worth it to you, for just a few hp.
Old 02-02-2007, 11:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SHANEH
the Original Owner Of My 99 Ss Camaro Installed Mac Midlengths W/catted Y Pipe And Flowmaster Catback.i'm About To Install Tsp Ms4 Cam,ls6 Stage 1 Heads And Ls6 Intake.would It Be Worth The Extra $ To Go Full Length Headers & Ory Or Just Ory On My Current Setup?
That exhaust will restrict it pretty bad and you will lose quite a bit of power.

Originally Posted by SHANEH
Also,do U Think I Need Larger Injectors(over Stock 24lb(?))?
Thanks
Yes, your duty cycle will be really high, look for some SVO 30's.