Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

!!FRA ? Sumotomo you might want to check this out

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2007, 06:43 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LS1Tech 10 Year
Default !!FRA ? Sumotomo you might want to check this out

So it was another beautiful day in Philadelphia today! Ice, sleet, snow. Lucky for me I got stuck behind a salt truck on I-95. After about 5 mins of getting pounded with salt, I watch other motorists drive on the left hand shoulder and pass him. I follow suit. Halfway home my car starts pulling to the left. I got a flat tire So I pull over and jack up the car at my freinds house. Put the spare tire on and its flat Long story short I just bought the wheels 3 weeks ago and the side wall cracked on the inside. Gotta love those sumotomo htrz's! I get the car home and park it in the garage and decide to clean my airfilter. Much to my dismay it is covered in chunks of salt. Everywhere I look is salt. So now I have to get a new tire and am currently in the process of un FRAing my car. FREE MODS? **** EM! Thank god I never descreened the MAF sensor.
Old 02-25-2007, 06:51 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Free mods DON'T suck!....(with the exception of descreening the MAF). You admited to driving behind a frig'n salt truck and you know that you have a "FRA" mod,..........whatcha think was gonna happen?! ..... Thats your fault bro.

NO MORE DRIVING BEHIND SALT TRUCKS!!!!
Old 02-25-2007, 07:01 PM
TECH Resident

LS1Tech 10 Year

You live in California? It must be hard keeping the salt out of your air cleaner too. With all that beautiful weather Its just the simple fact that the FRA sucks everything into the air cleaner. Salt, Leaves you name it.
Old 02-25-2007, 07:10 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by smg267
So it was another beautiful day in Philadelphia today! Ice, sleet, snow. Lucky for me I got stuck behind a salt truck on I-95. After about 5 mins of getting pounded with salt, I watch other motorists drive on the left hand shoulder and pass him. I follow suit. Halfway home my car starts pulling to the left. I got a flat tire So I pull over and jack up the car at my freinds house. Put the spare tire on and its flat Long story short I just bought the wheels 3 weeks ago and the side wall cracked on the inside. Gotta love those sumotomo htrz's! I get the car home and park it in the garage and decide to clean my airfilter. Much to my dismay it is covered in chunks of salt. Everywhere I look is salt. So now I have to get a new tire and am currently in the process of un FRAing my car. FREE MODS? **** EM! Thank god I never descreened the MAF sensor.
You get what you pay for.
Old 02-25-2007, 07:13 PM
TECH Addict

...Good weather my ***!!!

But its gonna get crap in there. I mean,..no offense but didn't you consider that before you modded?
Old 02-25-2007, 07:16 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So your glad you didn't descreen the maf why??? You had a filter in didn't you???

That's why I don't drive my car in shitty weather.
Old 02-25-2007, 07:29 PM
TECH Addict

your f-body should have not been even on the road ... i agree with the statement of you get what you pay for... although that's some **** with a 3 week old tire
Old 02-25-2007, 07:32 PM
TECH Resident

LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by WS6 Rampage
...Good weather my ***!!!

But its gonna get crap in there. I mean,..no offense but didn't you consider that before you modded?
Newb mistake just was kinda turned off by all the salt. I was wondering how much havoc that would cause my engine. I love my baby and I didn't want to hurt her. What is the weather like by you for refrence? I am moving South as soon as i pay off college in like a million years. I daily drive my car so getting stuck in shitty weather happens. Now its parked in the garage prob for all day tommrow too. It doesn't come out when its snowing. But if I get caught it sucks!
Old 02-25-2007, 07:40 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by smg267
Newb mistake just was kinda turned off by all the salt. I was wondering how much havoc that would cause my engine. I love my baby and I didn't want to hurt her. What is the weather like by you for refrence? I am moving South as soon as i pay off college in like a million years. I daily drive my car so getting stuck in shitty weather happens. Now its parked in the garage prob for all day tommrow too. It doesn't come out when its snowing. But if I get caught it sucks!
The weather out here is Soo speratic! It can be warm and sunny at 80 degrees, and then It'll drop down to 60 and cold the next,.......lol.......100 the day after that and then rain a few days later!!! Its ****'n amazing how random the weather out here is!
Old 02-25-2007, 08:59 PM
12 Second Club

I live near Richboro and haven't had a problem with salt getting sucked up (I have the FRA mod too), I guess it was that damn trucks fault! be careful next time man
Old 02-25-2007, 09:22 PM
TECH Regular

The weather out here is Soo speratic! It can be warm and sunny at 80 degrees, and then It'll drop down to 60 and cold the next,.......lol.......100 the day after that and then rain a few days later!!! Its ****'n amazing how random the weather out here is!
"60 and cold?!" poor baby. might have to wear a long sleeved shirt instead of a t-shirt outside. WHERE I AM IT HASNT GOTTEN ABOVE FREEZING IN WEEKS. A FEW DAYS AGO THE "HIGH" WAS 18 DEGREES. WITH THE WINDCHILL IT WAS BELOW 0!

sorry for the rant but seeing that just pissed me off. people who dont live in climates where it snows for 1/3 of the year dont understand what we go through. believe me, i wish i could afford a second car and make my ss a garage queen, but i barely had enough money for this so it's fate is as a daily driver.
Old 02-25-2007, 09:28 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Ripper415
people who dont live in climates where it snows for 1/3 of the year dont understand what we go through.
Some of us do. I'm from PA. Why the hell do you think I'm in SC now? The smart ones get out of that cold ****.

This week's gonna suck....probably only gonna hit 70's for a day or two.
Old 02-25-2007, 09:42 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Ripper415
"60 and cold?!" poor baby. might have to wear a long sleeved shirt instead of a t-shirt outside. WHERE I AM IT HASNT GOTTEN ABOVE FREEZING IN WEEKS. A FEW DAYS AGO THE "HIGH" WAS 18 DEGREES. WITH THE WINDCHILL IT WAS BELOW 0!

sorry for the rant but seeing that just pissed me off. people who dont live in climates where it snows for 1/3 of the year dont understand what we go through. believe me, i wish i could afford a second car and make my ss a garage queen, but i barely had enough money for this so it's fate is as a daily driver.
lol,..."that just pissed me off"?...k.... yea your ranting! lol I wasn't say'n that the weather out here was worse......JUST ******* RANDOM!!!!
Old 02-25-2007, 10:40 PM
11 Second Club

70 is shitty try puttin an intake on and 16* is the high for the day.
why would you drive an fbody in this kind of weather?
Old 02-25-2007, 11:08 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 5_02ls1
70 is shitty try puttin an intake on and 16* is the high for the day.
why would you drive an fbody in this kind of weather?
Thats when you buy a big as truck! lol!
Old 02-26-2007, 08:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

The same thing happened to my tire, but only because I didn't know that the tire was already flat when I left to the hospital in the morning. The inner sidewall seperated. At first I thought that my tire was at fault, but when I got home I discovered that my car had left a nice big black mark as the tire was already flat. More than likely this is what happened to your tire. I'm really happy with my Sumitomos. They are very decently priced and the treadlife is really good for the way that I drive.
Old 02-26-2007, 09:33 AM
12 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by jay_99z
Some of us do. I'm from PA. Why the hell do you think I'm in SC now? The smart ones get out of that cold ****.

This week's gonna suck....probably only gonna hit 70's for a day or two.
and the poor ones get stuck. im smart too, just cant afford to be smart.
Old 02-26-2007, 10:07 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by bww3588
and the poor ones get stuck. im smart too, just cant afford to be smart.

Lol! I was just playing. I lucked into a job here and decided to give it a try. It's a little warm in July and August but the winters are worth it.
Old 02-26-2007, 03:46 PM
TECH Addict

I can't wait for june and july. Best weather out here in CA to go racing in!
Old 02-26-2007, 08:37 PM
11 Second Club

OMG NOT 60!!! Dude you had better watch yourself in weather like that, you'll freeze to death.

Just kiddin dude I saw that and had a good laugh.