Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Name that connector!

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 09:44 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Name that connector!

3 wires (RED, PNK/BLK, BRN/WHT), taped to harness split-loom between #2 injector and EGR located between the valve cover and fuel rail on the passenger side front of engine on a 98 Z28. What's it for?
Old 02-27-2007, 09:47 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't know but I'll look tomorrow
Old 02-27-2007, 09:49 PM
11 Second Club

Yeah I can't figure it out, the wires on both sides of the connector run back in the harness along the injector wiring. I haven't pulled it apart any further than that to see where the wires go to. I'll probably end up moving the connector along with the rest of the non-injector wires in that harness to clean things up a bit, but I'm curious as to what that connector is. Its puzzled me for a while now.
Old 02-27-2007, 11:34 PM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was wondering about it myself, looks shitty sitting there. I was thinking it ran down to the a/c compressor, but that plug only has 2 wires. If it's critical, I may cut the plug out, splice the wires together, and stab them inside the loom.

I have my coil pack harness extended to reach from the vacuum canister area (coils relocated to there), and it runs that same route. I'll be tucking it inside the loom tomorrow and check it out.
Old 02-28-2007, 06:17 AM
11 Second Club

That's what I'm thinking about doing as well. I figured it may be some sort of diagnostics connector? Seeing as the connector is just out there but the wires don't need to run that path except to make that connector easily accessible. I wonder what it controls. Thirdgens had a wire like that too to control spark advance. I guess I'll start tracing the wires back a bit.

I'm going to pull the EGR wiring back and cut it or tuck it somewhere, and I plan on pulling back the AC connector and running that down the shock tower, or even inside the shock tower whenever I get around to doing that !wire mod and have it exit the shock tower as close to the AC compressor as possible.