Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

those who made their own exhaust. . .

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 02:45 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default those who made their own exhaust. . .

what bends did you use to get over the axle? will a 45 up, 90 over the axle and another 45 get me pretty close? I know I have to modify the bends. what bends did you get?
Old 03-10-2007, 02:08 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I tryed different bends and nothing worked well at all, even cutting at different angles doesn't work. So I just stopped at the axle instead of going over. I actually ran some of that flex tubing over the axle, but it really didn't do much for the sound , I took them off only to reduce the weight, but they worked pretty good. Sure its kind of ghetto, but they were 10 bucks for a 6ft section, which is perfect, and by the time they rust through, they are really cheap to replace. Unless you have a custom bender, this is what I'd do, or just stop before the axle. Oh by the way I used 2.5 flexable piping since I couldn't find 3 and it might have been to big to use 3 anyway.
Old 03-10-2007, 08:54 AM
TECH Addict

90* up's are needed, not 45*'s. I mangled a 180* to get over the axle and used a bunch of custom cut angles to get to the bumper. Big ole pain in the *** to get pipes over the axle on these cars. Are you going dual pipes on one side or a pipe on each side of the axle? Stay away from the flexible pipe. It's doable without resorting to that crap. Just buy a bunch of extra bends because trial and error will eat at your supply and running out sucks. Put some 3 hole flanges right before the up pipes at the axles so you can remove the pipes over the axles and run with dumps whenever you feel like it.
Old 03-10-2007, 09:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I your not dead set on going over the axle I would dump them, In my opinion that sounds much meaner anyway!!
Old 03-10-2007, 03:22 PM
TECH Addict

Thanks. Im pretty sure I wanna go over the axle at this put. Ill give it a go then make a new plan if necessary, I wanna run both over one side.