Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust Tips or Info.

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2007, 09:48 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust Tips or Info.

I recently had a 2000 TA. I had a magnaflow catback exhaust on it. The insurance just totalled it and I picked up a 01TA WS6 (Black). I am getting ready to get my exhaust for this car what would yall get or what should I do?? Taking any suggestions.

Dan the Man
Old 03-09-2007, 11:23 PM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

my vote would go to true duals. however, if you must get a catback, my vote goes to corsa. IMO, magnaflow is too quiet on stock manifolds, and when you put on headers, then it gets super raspy. the only way to make it loud is with an ORY and the rasp is just unbearable with it. if you were happy with magnaflow before, consider it again as it's a very reasonably priced catback that is very well-made, but as for sound, i think it sounds terrible.
Old 03-09-2007, 11:46 PM
TECH Veteran

Duals or GMMG with oval tips.
Old 03-09-2007, 11:57 PM
Staging Lane

for the money id get a magnaflow or slp loudmouth i think they both sound good and with a y pipe they both sound mean some poeple around here say the slp with a y is annoying as a daily driver so i went with magna and with a y i think it sounds good but if you want to spent the money id go duals or corsa but no matter what you put on it these motors sound good- just listen to the soundboard and look at the setups they use in the media section here and pick one you like - it depends also if you drive it alot or if its mostly for the track cause some are just too loud to get away with in town. just my opinion ( i happen to like the sound of my magnaflow and had 300 more dollars to do some other mods muhaha)