Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

mac mids, ory and ls6 intake

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 11:09 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mac mids, ory and ls6 intake

Im going to intall these on my 00 SS next weekend. Will I be able to tell a "difference" after the install? Just wondering if it will be worth it. Thanks.
Brett
Old 03-12-2007, 11:16 AM
TECH Resident

All I can say is be ready for a long frustrating install....just got done installing mine & am having problems with steering column hitting 1 of the tubes.....You will feel a nice gain up top for sure, low & mid range I really didn't feel a difference but for sure up top it pulls nice
Old 03-12-2007, 11:20 AM
Staging Lane

I hope mine don't hit the steering shaft like yours. I will be doing this swap on a lift at work so I hope it doesn't take too long.
Old 03-12-2007, 11:36 AM
12 Second Club

mine are reallllly close to the steering shaft, but dont hit. these headers are a big pain in the ***. the drivers side werent hard when you cut off the engine tab, but the pass side you need to grind down the tab and you cant get a good angle with a wheel, hack up the motor, and then i still hand to force them up. ive never seen a header hit the motr/trans/firewall before. but once you get them in, its cake from there
Old 03-12-2007, 02:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I've installed and removed Mac mids many times and have never had much problems out of them. They typically went in and came out without much hassle. Sometimes the bolts were a pain to line up, but overall not too bad.

Believe it or not though, my Kooks LTs were much easier to install than the Mac's...haha.
Old 03-12-2007, 04:10 PM
12 Second Club

I installed mine a few weeks ago. I got them both in from the top, just took the coil packs off and had to take the passenger valve cover off to slip them in. I didn't have to hard of a time and mine have no issues hitting the steering shaft. They do give a nice top end though.