Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

best intake for 427

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 12:17 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default best intake for 427

I think I have spent hours reading a lot of sometimes opinionated posts regarding "the" best intake manifold for a LS1/2 engine with some more cubes.
I have not come to a definite conclusion if there is such a thing.

I originally planned for a 90 FAST intake but could not really find any conclusive answer it it really outperforms a LS6 intake in such a way that spending 900 bucks would be justified. What would the majority in here recommend, stay with LS6 and BBK 80mm TB or go 90/90 FAST or 85/Typhoon?

it is not about money, it is about what someone gets for the money.

Last edited by coolchevy; 03-29-2007 at 01:14 PM.
Old 03-29-2007, 12:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well the 90/90 is going to be the best bet, IMO, it allows easy porting because it is marked, ls6 can be ported, but you need to go to someone with extensive experence with them. the bbk tb is overpriced and not worth it, the ported stocker is just fine.
the 90/90 allows some added features as well, burst panels for nitrous hiccups and blown applications, it is easily adapted to direct port ls6 can too, but again first timers need not apply

I would post this in the internal section, there was a big debate about this awhile back, and I think that the fast 90/90 won out.

also I would rule out any of the metal intakes due to the heat soack factor.