Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone's Egr And Air Block Offs Leak?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 09:04 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone's Egr And Air Block Offs Leak?

i ordered and installed the egr and air block off plates from thunder racing and put them on the car started it up and presto smoke coming out of both of them!!
Old 04-12-2007, 07:01 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I used a bead of weld to block mine off and then ground it flat. No problems here.
Old 04-12-2007, 12:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

mine were leaky when I first installed them, but I realized it was because the bolts I have are longer + the thickness of the plates I got from speed inc being barely half of what my AIR tube plates were... I dealt with the exhaust leak on the drivers side by adding both old gaskets from the AIR system temporarily, and let the passenger side leak away for a quick drive to a home depot. Bought a small baggie of washers for a buck, let the car cool in the lot, then pulled the plates and put the washers on the nuts.

it also helped that I used some new AIR gaskets as well.

I figured 10 bucks to allow me to do the work of yanking all the AIR stuff now and allowing for me to sell it later if anyone wants it is fine... I've got race LT's sitting in my dining room but I haven't got the rest of the parts nor do I have the time to put them on.
Old 04-12-2007, 11:34 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't try to tighten the bolts while they are still hot/warm.