Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ok fellas today is the day!

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2007, 09:43 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ok fellas today is the day!

I just got my car about 4 months ago from a older gentleman who ordered it as a dream of his its a 2002 6 speed camaro no option other the z28 package . The guy was getting to the place where he couldnt shift no more and get out in it like he use to . I picked it up for 15000 with 27450 miles on it and nothing done to it . I have in the past 4 months put a Tr224 cam with the 918 springs . Slp lid and kn filter , Tb ported and polished , headers with ory pipe and slp catback , strut tower brace and sub frame connectors . I have umi panhard bar and lca . I also put a 410 gear in it. Its was tuned by Fc customs in springfield Illinois where she pulled a nice littke 386 hp and 366 tr.

So that brings us to the track today . Its a 1/8 the mile in charleston illinois 662 about sea level . Not a bad track , but i have only gone as a spectator. Since this board and the guys on it have help me so much I would like to thank all ( Brad , blanco, and I am sure there are more that i am forgetting) .
So in hope that i dont break anything today I was hoping to maybe pull out a 8.5

Any input on how to launch and what not will be greatly apreciated !

Once again to all on this board!!!!!!!!!! OH wait orange peel too! I thank you .

Old 04-15-2007, 10:27 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

a lot of the launch is what kind of tires you are runnign and the tread left. Lower the pressure down a bit, and try launching around 2000, and go from there. Each car is a bit different and you have to find what works best for your car.

If you spin the tires lower the rpm lunch, if it boggs (falls on its face) down then raise the rpm's.
Old 04-15-2007, 11:51 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Suspension has a lot to do with it as well. My car is hard and lean and I cant launch for **** but it tears up the corners and streets like theres no tomorrow.
Congrats!!