Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dual disc clutch. Need your opinion

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 06:11 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Dual disc clutch. Need your opinion

Has anyone tried the Mcleod or Textralia dual disc clutch? If so, which clutch do you have? Are your cars daily drivers? Are there any driveability issues with the clutch? If there are, did you get used to it or do you regret getting the clutch. I am asking because I have a 520rwhp Z06 and the guy I bought it from put a new LUK performance gold series clutch and it ain't holding this motor. If I am running it through the gears, when the car finally gets traction and I shift to fourth, then tach goes up but the car ain't going. In other words it's slipping. My friend drove a new Z06 with the twin disc Mcleod and said it sucks beyond words and if I ever get stuck in traffic, I'll want to kill myself because the clutch is such a pain in the ***. I don't want slippage. I don't want to kill myself, so I am trying to get some input. I tried to buy the OZ700sb from Textralia and he talked me into the dual disc Exoskel. Please let me know about your experiences!
Thanks!
Old 04-16-2007, 06:31 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dual disc will hold power but not ideal for daily drivers. There is no give. Also will break drivetrain. SPEC works just fine.
Old 04-16-2007, 08:11 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

try the maual tran section. you will get a better respones
Old 04-16-2007, 08:17 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ok, I admit it. I am a newbie. I didn't find the manual tranny section when I posted this. Now that I got my head out of my ***, I will post it there. Thanks.