Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

POS Serpentine belt problems..HELP!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 10:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default POS Serpentine belt problems..HELP!!!!

Hey guys, im having a problem with my serpentine belt. It keeps coming off for some reason. I replaced the belt with a new one because i thought maybe the old belt got stretched out. So i swapped them and its still doing it. It seems like it does it when i go WOT in the car. Im thinking it might be my idler pulley or possibly even the crank pulley, if anyone has advice PLEASE help me out, im desperate. Thanks Alot.
JacobK
Old 04-17-2007, 03:00 AM
Launching!

Is the belt tensioner springing back when you put the new belt on?
Old 04-17-2007, 03:23 AM
Staging Lane

Install an adjustable Belt Tensioner from Katech. I did and those woes are over.
Your belt tensioner is springing back when you shift allowing the belt to jump off.
Old 04-17-2007, 07:16 AM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the Magnuson blower on my car and every time I would romp on my car, it would throw the belt. After calling Magnuson, I found out that there is an update that runs a bolt through the tensioner to a bracket which is in turn bolted to the head. It quit tossing the belt until last week it ripped the idler pulley off including part of the big aluminum bracket. I pulled it out, tig welded the crap out of the bracket and am back in business for now. I would make sure all pulleys aligned, make sure no bearings are gone in idler or any other pulley with the belt off and check the tensioner for deflection under load.