Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fixed my banging duals....

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 10:52 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Fixed my banging duals....

...and the car is running noticeably better. I drive the car every day, and put a good bit of miles on it, so when something is running like ****/great/making funny noises/making not funny noises, I can tell. I ripped my duals off this weekend because my friend just got a compressor and was dying to use it for something. I clearanced out the floorboard where it was contacting, and trimmed off some little nub of a thing, and remounted. Fastened the nylock to the bolt going through the rear seats with the air ratchet, and all the clamps with an impact gun. No leaks, no banging, I had my friend get in the car while it was on ramps and I got under with some ear plugs to see if it was banging. He revved it, and even on shut down when the motor shakes like it's having a seizure, no banging. Ever since my TB/LS6 intake, I was... disappointed with the results to say the least. Everything is going by butt dyno, I don't have time down at school for real thing Now with no banging I'm fairly convinced I was having at least SOME false knock, and now the car feels much better all over the RPM range, and in the upper RPMs just flat out screams... that's my story. All to delay doing poly mounts until H/C

-J
Old 04-25-2007, 02:01 PM
12 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

COngrats Bro!!!I need to fix mine I got a lil banging left...Not as much but I'm gettin there!! lol
Old 04-25-2007, 02:50 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice job...got any pics?
Old 04-25-2007, 02:59 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My digital camera is about as clear as mud, so just use your imagination you'll be fine

I'll get some this weekend.

-J
Old 04-25-2007, 05:15 PM
12 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would also like to see the pics please!!