Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TSP TD Clearance

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 05:28 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default TSP TD Clearance

I've got Koni/Hotchkis setup on my car now and I want to go with TSP true duals. But pretty sure I'm going to have to put the stock springs back on and put them on the lower perch.

Just wondering what people's ground clearance looks like with people who have true duals and are lowered.
Old 04-25-2007, 08:05 PM
Launching!

Well it really depends on the kind of roads you drive and and how much you are willing to work with it. I am NOT lowered personalyl but I have seen set ups that were. IT can and is done but you will scrape on some things.

Also the more you work and adjust it the better clearance you are gonna get. I installed mine on a lift then lowered the car to the ground and jacked up the exhaust with the rear end on the ground and gained around a 3/4 of an inch to an inch of clearance. I could probably get better clearance if I flipped the fuel lines as well.
Old 04-25-2007, 08:13 PM
12 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

today, i had an exhaust shop heat up and bend the hangars a little more, i got about another inch of GC. total, i have around 4 inches of GC from the bottom of the tips. unfortunately, my hangars have been bent and bent and i think they are FUBAR. so im going to flip my fuel lines, and cut my hangars off and weld new ones on, tuck them up as far as i can safely without interfering with the driveline, cut the turn downs off about an inch so they dont hang down below the bottom of the muffler and see where that gets me.

also you might want to check out the sticky at the top. there are PLENTY of pics of TD's on lowered and non lowered cars.
Old 04-25-2007, 08:43 PM
TECH Addict

I've heard of flipping the fuel lines, what is involved in doing that?
Old 04-25-2007, 09:17 PM
12 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

the fuel lines on the drivers side, there is a bracket on the DS tunnel right after the fuel filter. take that loose and flip it 180 degrees, push the fuel lines up and back into place and tighten the bracket down. that moves the fuel lines ~2 inches or so further from the mufflers, and allows you to move them up further to gain GC.
Old 04-25-2007, 09:24 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Some decent pics here:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-external-engine/406318-my-long-review-qtp-1-3-4-lt-s-tsp-3-true-dual-system-lots-o-pics.html

I did it, easy as hell IMO. And works.

-J
Old 04-25-2007, 09:35 PM
TECH Addict

Thanks guys