Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

pacesetter headers?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 12:26 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pacesetter headers?

i've heard so many different opinions about headers! i've heard horrible things about the coated ones because they just chip...i was planning on just going with painted ones, but am debating on brands. which ones are the best, and why?
Old 04-30-2007, 12:52 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FWIW I went with the coated pacesetters (and ORY) I haven't had any chipping problems with the headers, I do have some rust stains on them, but unless you crawl under the car and look you aren't going to see them, and yes this is a true DD, and it's been 18 months since the headers went on.
It's your choice, if you want to spend the cash for stainless (kooks or qtps, are the 2 most mentioned), you'll have a set of headers that'll probably outlast the car.
If you want budget headers then the coated pacesetters are a good price, they function well and "I" had no problems installing them (as far as fit)
As far as going non coated, DON'T, unless you like rusty headers (unless they're stainless of course)
Old 04-30-2007, 01:17 PM
Launching!

What's the difference between pacesetter racing headers (no egr) and 00-02 pacesetter headers?

I thought the 01-02's didn't have egr
Old 04-30-2007, 01:21 PM
10 Second Club

01 and 02's didn't have egr. The race style pacesetters don't have air or egr hookups. From what i hear pacesetters are a really good fit. I just put a set of slp lts on my car, and talking about a biotch to get the passenger side in . But once i finally got them in they look good and perform well.