Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Picture of the inside of my FAST...how much oil is bad??

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 10:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Picture of the inside of my FAST...how much oil is bad??

Hey everyone. Had my FAST 90 intake off last night to clean it up and put new bolts in. Snapped a picture down the throttle body opening. First, thought it was a neat picture. Second, I knew I ws going to find oil, but not this much.

All of the VAC ports have oil in them. The MAP sensor was oiled. Well, you get the point. Is this amount of oil normal?? The car doesnt seem to eat an abnormal amount of oil. But I do have to add some between oil changes.

The car has the good PCV set up (ls6 i think?), but Im thinking about getting a new PCV and setting up a catchcan for now.

Just wondering if this looked abnormal, or if this amount would cause me running/power issues. Thanks!

Justin

Old 05-01-2007, 11:16 AM
TECH Addict

well ive never seen it pool like that... usually is just a light coating on everything...

i would say its time for you to get a catch can... and check your PCV valve... are you using a thin oil too?
Old 05-01-2007, 12:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well I need to change my oil, but Im just using 5w30. So Im trying to decide what oil to change with.

I think the reason its pooled like that is because the car has been sitting for over a week. A couple weeks actually. I started it up a couple times, but not in the last week.

PCV valve seemed fairly clean, besides the oil, and was free when I did the shake test. Im going to replace it anyway I think..

Im doing some researching on what the best catch can set up is right now... I have everything apart still so now is the best time to run hoses and mount cans and all.

Justin

Last edited by ghettocruiser; 05-01-2007 at 12:30 PM.