Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

True duals with manifolds?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2007, 07:26 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default True duals with manifolds?

Right now i'm running stock manifolds, stock y-pipe, cat delete pipes, through an Edelbrock Catback.

It sounds amazing at idle, cruising it's really deep, toward redline it sounds more like a nitro methane burning weedeater.

Next summer after the car is paid for I am going to put on a forced induction kit, probably STS. So I don't want to dump alot of money into the exhaust now.

What I was considering was leaving the manifolds for now, having Magnaflow carsounds cats put on, into two spiral flow mufflers and dump at rear axles with turndowns.

Anybody think this will sound like ****? Would it sound bottled up?

I'm not doing it for power as i'm sure I will lose power over what I have now. Just for sound.
Old 05-05-2007, 11:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

ls1sounds.com has a 68 ls1 firebird with duals and manifolds on it. Give it a listen. Doesnt sound too bad.
Old 05-05-2007, 11:53 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Ping King
ls1sounds.com has a 68 ls1 firebird with duals and manifolds on it. Give it a listen. Doesnt sound too bad.
Going there now. Thanks!
Old 05-05-2007, 04:50 PM
Teching In

If your going to put a STS kit on the car I wold not change the exhaust at all. Correct me if I am wrong but I thought the STS kit connects to a stock style exhaust. I would not keep changing it back and forth.

If you like the way your car sounds now why change it if its not for performance?
Old 05-06-2007, 05:04 PM
Teching In

I like the way it sounds in the lower rpm's. On the upper end it sounds to much like a truck. Before I cange it any more I think i'm going to put a set of Magnaflow cats on it and see if it's any better.