Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Super Victor LS1 vs. GMPP Carb style EFI

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2007, 11:55 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Super Victor LS1 vs. GMPP Carb style EFI

Im looking to change out the intake on my 347 from an LS6, to a carb style (remaining EFI). Which one of these intakes are most of you guys running? Pros and cons of both?

Also, in the near future i will be going to a turbo setup on a 370/383/402 ci motor, will both of these intakes work fine for a setup like that?

Im comparing as the Edelbrock super victor is quite a bit more expensive than the GMPP, as im wondering is it worth it for any sort of gain?

Thanks

Dom
Old 05-15-2007, 11:57 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

After talking to our Edelbrock rep The Super Victor has not been released yet.

You can get the Standard Victor Jr. To get the most out of either intake cam selection is going to be critical as well as proper port matching for the heads you are going to use.
Old 05-15-2007, 12:05 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by VENGEANCE
Im looking to change out the intake on my 347 from an LS6, to a carb style (remaining EFI). Which one of these intakes are most of you guys running? Pros and cons of both?

Also, in the near future i will be going to a turbo setup on a 370/383/402 ci motor, will both of these intakes work fine for a setup like that?

Im comparing as the Edelbrock super victor is quite a bit more expensive than the GMPP, as im wondering is it worth it for any sort of gain?

Thanks

Dom
I'm in the process of changing my car over to a turbo setup Dom, and i'm planning on running the Super Victor when it is released, I talked to Edelbrock the other day and they said they're expecting a release date of about 3 months from now.
Old 05-15-2007, 04:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

cool, thanks for the input guys.

devon, are you changing out the motor? or just the pistons? plans? I was planning on going with a low compression iron 370ish motor and an 88ish mm turbo....
Old 05-15-2007, 05:02 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by VENGEANCE
cool, thanks for the input guys.

devon, are you changing out the motor? or just the pistons? plans? I was planning on going with a low compression iron 370ish motor and an 88ish mm turbo....
Reusing my crank and rods, puttin in an iron block and new pistons which will put me at 398 cubes, and i'll be using an 88mm turbo as well, just shootin for 8.50's cuz that's what my chassis is legal too, and I can't afford the kind of money it takes to get the chassis legal for faster than that!

Quick Reply: Super Victor LS1 vs. GMPP Carb style EFI