Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Texas Speed Rumbler Catback(owners come inside)

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2007, 07:09 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Texas Speed Rumbler Catback(owners come inside)

I have had a LM2 system on the car for a couple years. I have put a borla muffler on it and put a cutout in it.......................It is cut up and now it just doesn't fit very well......................always bumping rattling and loosening up.........................getting tired of it

i was looking at the TS Rumbler catback and I was wondering how it would compare to the system that I have now. I sure the hell don't want anything any louder than what I have now.

I have Lt's, ory and a cam....................How would the TS Rumbler sound on my car?? Take in mind that I have Borla-Mouth now

Thanks
Old 05-20-2007, 07:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it would be louder than the "borlamouth". I doubt you could tell a difference between it and the LM2 you had. They are practically the same thing
Old 05-20-2007, 07:24 PM
10 Second Club

Guess it's probably not for me then,

thanks
Old 05-20-2007, 08:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by bluehawk2
Guess it's probably not for me then,

thanks
yeah, it's the second loudest catback out there other than the LM1.

What about magnaflow, hooker, or edelbrock. They are all resonably priced and have full mufflers which is probably more what your looking for.

And don't forget the SLP dual/dual system. It's my favorite full muffler setup & doesn't seem to really lose any power when compared to the "bullet" muffler catbacks. You will have rasp with it though since there isn't any packing in it, I'm not sure if you like that or not.

-Chris
Old 05-20-2007, 09:48 PM
10 Second Club

I am looking at the magnaflow quad tip catback. It looks really nice.
Old 05-20-2007, 10:18 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by jimmypop13
yeah, it's the second loudest catback out there other than the LM1.
I thought GMMG was up there too tho? I kept hearing the TSP Rumbler was like the hooker.
Old 05-20-2007, 10:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

an open borla/lm1/gmmg/rumbler are the top loudest catbacks all very close to each other
Old 05-20-2007, 10:26 PM
10 Second Club

I would like to find a cheaper cat back and then put the corsa clones on it. I thought that I saw someone selling corsa clones with 2.5'' inlet instead of the 2.25 inlet. Does anyone know where to get the clones that will fit over 2.5'' pipe without welding and using reducers??
Old 05-20-2007, 11:03 PM
10 Second Club

I have the TSP Rumbler and really enjoy it. I think the tone and noise level is just about perfect. I would highly recommend picking it up
Old 05-20-2007, 11:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Deadlybird54
I thought GMMG was up there too tho? I kept hearing the TSP Rumbler was like the hooker.
GMMG is up there but my TSP rumbler was louder than my GMMG. The GMMG was on a stock auto & the TSP rumbler was on a stock M6, if that makes a difference. The difference wasn't even much & there are almost 5 years between me owning the two systems but I could swear the tsp rumbler is a little louder. As for tone, GMMG is miles ahead
Old 05-20-2007, 11:12 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by jimmypop13
GMMG is up there but my TSP rumbler was louder than my GMMG. The GMMG was on a stock auto & the TSP rumbler was on a stock M6, if that makes a difference. The difference wasn't even much & there are almost 5 years between me owning the two systems but I could swear the tsp rumbler is a little louder. As for tone, GMMG is miles ahead
Its more personal opinion, but I do agree. The chambered exhaust will be quieter than the Rumbler. No argument there.

As for the tone, like I said, I think its personal opinion. But Im not going to lie, the GMMG is amazing, but miles ahead in price to. I wanted to do that exhaust on my car, just couldn't justify near $800 for catback.
Old 05-20-2007, 11:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Kryckter
Its more personal opinion, but I do agree. The chambered exhaust will be quieter than the Rumbler. No argument there.

As for the tone, like I said, I think its personal opinion. But Im not going to lie, the GMMG is amazing, but miles ahead in price to. I wanted to do that exhaust on my car, just couldn't justify near $800 for catback.
couldn't agree with you more, I should have said the tone is better IMHO. Now headers/no cats, the rumbler will be quiet a bit louder than gmmg. The only reason I got GMMG 5 years ago was bc I got in on the first GP when the system had just changed from the early 3 muffler system to the standard two muffler system(there used to be another muffler before the axle). I loved the sound but the normal price was soo high. It was worth it though I think, but now there are better alternatives, like what I'm doing on my new car. 3" true duals with powerstick chambered mufflers. It was $500 dumped at the axle but I'm having it extended for $100. That's still cheaper than GMMG/Borla/Corsa & you won't have restrictions in your exhaust unless you are making insane power
Old 05-21-2007, 10:46 AM
Teching In

Well I've done alot of research on cat backs, the problem is I've never really experienced any of them in person. All the sound i've been able to compare is grainy and doesnt do any of them justice. I've narrowed it down to GMMG, Borla, Corsa, and the Bassani True Dual X. The thing is, I can't justify spending the money unless I can find a cat back thats close to the old school glasspacks sound. GMMG is the only one I've found that even nips at that.
Old 05-21-2007, 03:33 PM
Launching!

If youve got a little bit of extra cash, look into a borla adjustable plate system. Some people love em, some people hate em. I personally love em, but yeah. Just an idea