Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TB and IDLE

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2007, 08:10 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TB and IDLE

Over the span of the last couple of weeks, I have done a series of mods to my Corvette. The car is a 02 6 speed. I have added TSP Long tubes off road version, x pipe, B&B Exhaust, under drive pulley, PRC springs and retainers, TSP hardened pushrods, LG cam, and a VR ram air kit. I had a friend who has a DYNO lightly tune the car because he is moving and the dyno is being reassembled. The car is driving great at this time. The idle would thump nice and hard at 800 rpm.

I just got in a bored stock throttle body that opens her up from 72mm to 78mm. The TB has a new flapper inside and looks beautiful. I put this on the car Sat. I had to use my TPS from my old TB.

Now, the car has a mind of its own. The idle will sometimes spike to as high as 2500 (the looks from people when I roll up to a stop light are priceless) when started and then starting to drive. If I put the car in neutral while I am rolling, the IDLE will stay at the high lvl. If I come to a complete stop, the idle will sometimes drop to 1100.

Does anyone have any idea what is wrong? How can I fix this? This thing goes up and down and is all over the place with the idle.
Old 05-21-2007, 11:28 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like the TB is over bored. The idle is real dependent on the machined in ridges around the blade at rest and if they are taken out fully its not going to idle properly.