Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LTs/ORY with TSP rumbler catback?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 08:21 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LTs/ORY with TSP rumbler catback?

well as the title says ...whats everyones opinion on the rumbler with longtubes and a ORY....the rumbler sounds awesome with stock manifolds and Y....but im affraid im going to get the loudmouth problems with the headers and y......i can deal with loud....actually i prefer it ..but i do not particularly like the blat blat blat pop blat sound that i hear some LS1s with LTs and loudmouth have.....what is the final outcome with this setup? thanks alot fellas
Old 05-29-2007, 11:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have this exact setup, but I have yet to be able to take the car out for a drive and find out how bad the rasp will be. On startup, it's damn loud
Old 05-29-2007, 11:31 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Striped02WS6
well as the title says ...whats everyones opinion on the rumbler with longtubes and a ORY....the rumbler sounds awesome with stock manifolds and Y....but im affraid im going to get the loudmouth problems with the headers and y......i can deal with loud....actually i prefer it ..but i do not particularly like the blat blat blat pop blat sound that i hear some LS1s with LTs and loudmouth have.....what is the final outcome with this setup? thanks alot fellas
That is exactly what you're going to get unless you either add cats to your ORY, or you replace the bullet with a different muffler.
Old 05-30-2007, 02:02 PM
12 Second Club

should i put another bullet muffler into the Y pipe or Maybe add a highflow cat at the end of the Y right before the catback starts?
Old 05-30-2007, 07:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

^ i don't know if another bullet muffler would help you as much as you're going to need.

i put a TSP catted y-pipe on my car (and i also have a rumbler) the catted y-pipe definately cut down on that rasp, and gave it a deeper sound compared to an ORY.
to me an added benefit is that with the cats i'm not able to pass my state's visual tampering inspection.